Thursday, November 19, 2009

Formenting...

I have been looking at lots of blogs, websites, etc with a Halloween slant and many of these inspirations have a 'theme' to them. Whether it be their creations and how they make them, their style, their voice...

As I said, my inspiration... Which has me thinking about what would/could define me.

I don't know if anyone else is reading any of this, but if there is someone I have to ask. Is this something you think about? Do you work to shape that image or does it naturally define itself?

I don't know, but it's something to consider. You would think at almost 40 I would have already moved beyond this. But when I cannot sleep, these things come to me.

Sleep tight.

1 comment:

  1. I believe a style is something you have to work at. Even if it apears to others to come naturally, one's unique style is something that is honed over many different projects and experiences. Artistically speaking, I have been creating halloween props and scary things for 10 - 15 years...only in the past few years have I felt secure enough in what I am doing to venture off and do my own thing. In my case, it is hard to define exactly what that style is, and it is something that is continually developing.
    Don't loose too much sleep over it Gregory. Just find something that you enjoy and let that be your guide.

    ReplyDelete